Stevanato Group acquires 65% of the Danish SVM Automatikand strengthens its leadership in the Engineering Systems division
Stevanato Group, international leader in cartridges production for diabetes treatment, glass containers for pharmaceutical use, glass tube converting machines and visual inspection systems for the pharmaceutical industry, strengthens its Engineering Systems division by acquiring the 65% of the Danish SVM Automatik, a company specialized in assembly, packaging machines and serialization solutions headquartered in Silkeborg, Denmark.
“Our Group is active in two business divisions, Pharmaceutical Systems and Engineering Systems, which operate in close synergy – states Franco Stevanato, CEO of Stevanato Group. – Thanks to SVM Automatik know-how, we can further reinforce the competences of our Engineering Systems division in the field of the design and construction of specialized assembly and packaging equipment for the pharmaceutical industry. We acquired the 65% of the Danish company with a planned option for the remaining 35% in the future years”.
The Engineering Systems division of Stevanato Group today adds SVM Automatik competences to the ones of Spami and Optrel in Italy and InnoScan in Denmark. Founded in 1974, SVM Automatik is specialized in assembly, packaging and serialization solutions for the pharmaceutical industry; it employs more than 80 people and in 2014 it reported revenues of about 19 million euros.
“In our plants located in Piombino Dese in Italy and in Brabrand in Denmark we are specialized in the design, construction, installation and after-sales support of high-speed forming machines, camera inspection systems and visual inspection machines – continues Franco Stevanato. - Our companies are recognized leaders in the technology for the design and the construction of glass tube forming machines and we boast a long tradition in inspection systems for the pharmaceutical industry. The acquisition of SVM Automatik allows us to complete our offer, to further strengthen our primacy and to become a full solution provider”.
“We are very proud of the acquisition by Stevanato Group. This agreement will enable us to build our international growth plans besides to easier access new markets and customers”, says Lars Hansen, CEO of SVM Automatik. “We have a very strong track record mainly from domestic customers and our customized machines and equipment are already installed world-wide.There are a number of obvious synergies between our companies, and we are looking forward to continuously growing our companies internationally”.
Released February 1, 2016